[mythtv-users] Cheap SCSI scanners - was:The Bigger... Disk contest, Fall 2007 edition

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Oct 23 02:32:35 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 05:24:58PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
>> I think an even bigger factor was that VHS was the first to get 4 hours
>> on a tape, and thus was able to record an entire NFL game.
>>
>> If you can't get the entire game the WORST part to lose is the finish.
>>
>> Shades of the infamous "Heidi" fiasco form decades ago.
>
> 	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Game
>
> My favorite part: the master control op at the network would have been
> fired if he *didn't* cut away...

Well maybe not fired, but certainly he would have been at a disciplinary
hearing, and some shop steward would have been busy.

Remember NBC was NABET even in 1968 (Local 11), so the TD's job was
probably safe, but the BOS would have been in trouble. The DGA would
probably have protected the AD involved.

beww

beww