[mythtv-users] Can't play imported recordings on remote frontend.

tony_mythtv tony_mythtv at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 01:27:59 UTC 2007

I recently used nuvexport to transfer recordings from
one  mythbackend to another.  While the imported
recordings play fine on the master/backend, the remote
frontend does not play them.  The preview is
available, but for some reason, on the remote
frontend, it tries to find the old recordings locally
(RingBuf error).  Newer recording play fine on both
the master/backend and remote frontend.  File
permissions in my /video/tv directory are all the
same.

This entry is in the log file:

MainServer::HandleQueryRecordings()
Couldn't find backend for:
Paid Programming : ""

I think there is information in the old recordings
that is causing the problem, but I'm not sure where to
start.  Any help is appreciated.

Tony