[mythtv-users] mythrename.pl confusion

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 22 21:32:57 UTC 2007

On 10/22/2007 04:23 PM, B. Rosenstock wrote:
> On 10/22/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/22/2007 03:42 PM, B. Rosenstock wrote:
>>> from about 4 weeks agi
>>> Trying to get mythrename.pl to work - and of course I screwed things
>>> up, and I'm trying to fix my database.
>>>
>>> To get back to default names, I used:
>>> mythrename.pl --format %c_%Y%m%d%H%i%s
>>>
>>> However, that produced a file such as:
>>> 1032_2007102203000.mpg
>>> versus the desired:
>>> 1032_20071022030000.mpg
>>>
>>> It seems either the minutes or seconds isn't listing with a leading
>>> zero.  Any ideas?
>>>
>> mythrename.pl --help
>>
>> small typo in your format
> This is SVN-trunk.
>
> I built the line from --help, but I don't see the typo - can you point it
> out to me?

Ooops.  You're right--no typos.  I misread your format (and made an
invalid assumption ;).  It turns out mythrename.pl doesn't yet do
leading 0's on seconds.

However, on all your recordings, seconds should be less than 10 (as
they're only really used as a counter, and it's very unlikely that Myth
would have created 11 recordings with the same name--i.e. on the same
channel and starting within the same minute).  So:

mythrename.pl --format %c_%Y%m%d%H%i0%s

should work.

Or:  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4099

Thanks for the report.