[mythtv-users] 6100 series STB boxes - CONCLUSION

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Oct 22 21:29:14 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 11:05:42AM -0400, Joe Borne wrote:
>    2. Content is still pushed out clean through the HDMI/DVI and
>    Component (NOT composite, critical difference there) outputs. I
>    still feel the best solution to ALL of these 5c/CCI problems is the
>    creation of a converter that can connect one of these STB outputs
>    to a MythTV input. If anyone is interested in a serious dicsussion
>    about one of these solutions, please email me off-list.

It's practically (by which I do not mean "almost" impossible to create
a PC video capture card which will capture component analog HDTV.  It
could be done (and perhaps it has and I don't realize it, but I don't
think there are any *current* production ones), but the small quantity
of the target market would push the card's price up into 4 digits, if
not 5.  I'm pretty sure.

Cheers,
-- jra