[mythtv-users] xmltv channel id mapping to actual channel tuning frequencies?

Nick Gomez nbgomez at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 20:46:45 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com>
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 2:15:37 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] xmltv channel id mapping to actual channel tuning frequencies?

Does anyone know how MythTV takes the data from an SD download and maps the xml id to the actual channel frequency?

For example:
<map station='28506' channel='928' from='2006-10-25'/>

Is an entry in my SD download file. I'd like to know how and where MythTV correlates that to a cable frequency in order to tell the tuner how to get the channel.

I think this information might be useful to folks using digital tuners. Perhaps knowing what frequency the channel is supposed to be at will assist in finding channels that don't scan in right away.

Thanks,

Joe

The channel table in the mythtv database has a field called mplexid
that is mapped to dtv_multiplex.mplexid. The table dtv_multiplex has
all the frequencies that were  identified during the channel scan. The
xlm id is also contained in the channel table as channel.xmltvid. The
subchannel is contained in the channel.serviceid field.

Nick

http://mail.yahoo.com