[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 7.10 Release

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:39:51 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to let people know that we just announced our stable release of
Mythbuntu 7.10 today.  We haven't really talked much about it on list, but
many people have heard of it now and a quick search of the archives shows
that several people have started to use the RC or Beta release.

For a quick summary of what you'll find with Mythbuntu 7.10:

   - MythTV 0.20.2 + many fixes from 0-20-fixes branch.
   - Complete installations(Backend, Frontend, Backend/Frontend, etc).
   - Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) base.
   - All development directly in Ubuntu archives.  This allows easy
   "conversions" from Gutsy installations.
   - Custom Mythbuntu MythTV theme.
   - Frontend can be run from the live CD.
   - Fully GUI driven installation and post-installation maintenance (for
   both Updates and Reconfiguration).
   - Light weight, but still easy to use XFCE4 based desktop environment.
   - All LIRC modules prebuilt, along with GUI selection of remote
   lircd.conf's and dynamically generated .lircrc files.
   - MySQL optimizations through Mythbuntu Control Centre.
   - Live CD Frontend including remote samba or nfs mount and remote
   control.  Settings can be saved to a flash drive.

For ISO downloads and directions how to add on to existing Gutsy boxes,
please visit the website at http://www.mythbuntu.org/

Thanks!