[mythtv-users] Generic Episodes ONLY with SD?

Jay Mallar jaymallar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:45:54 UTC 2007

Billy Macdonald wrote:
> On 10/22/07, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:
>
>> Mike LaPlante wrote:
>>
>>> Enigma wrote:
>>>
>> So I guess the moral is, you shouldn't worry about bad data unless its
>> on today or tomorrow's listing. You could run --refresh-all but it would
>> just be more load on the SD servers.
>>
>> Mike
>>
> It would be nice if Myth kept up on all the data every night and not
> just tomorrow's.   I wonder how much extra strain doing a refresh-all
> is.  I'm not sure how things are structured payment wise, but right
> now we are still pulling from zap2it's servers I believe.  Personally
> I don't have any problems doing --refresh-all nightly against zap2it's
> servers now that we are paying for the data.
>
> Billy

In my mind, not having any data isn't a good thing here.  If I have myth
recording reruns and such, it is going to treat a rerun with no
description much differently than it is a rerun with a description.
Following your example a bit, if you have Family Guy set to record one
occurrance of each title, and each occurrance has no description, it's
only going to see the first one as distinct, right?  Aren't the rest
considered duplicates since they have the same title and description?

Sure when I update my listings for tomorrow, I might get the correct
description, but what if I don't?  Does that mean I lose all but the
first recording?