[mythtv-users] The Bigger... Disk contest, Fall 2007 edition

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Oct 22 02:23:54 UTC 2007

Tony Godshall wrote:
> On 10/19/07, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

>> Still a little high, but you get what you pay for.
>
> People always say that, but I've paid plenty for stuff that turned out
> to be crap.

I think that's one of those English sayings that don't quite mean what sound
like they mean, like: "all that glitters is not gold."  What people usually
really mean is more like "you get at most what you pay for."  Which is also not
true, as anyone who's used Myth (or Linux, or Firebird, or...) could point out.

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you