[mythtv-users] Will Myth do this?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 21 17:32:15 UTC 2007

On 10/21/2007 01:10 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 11:00:29AM +0000, Kevin Robbins wrote:
>
>> 1. Will mythweb allow remote viewing over the internet in a browser
>> somewhat like a slingbox?
>>
> In fact it will now, though what it's going to do is permit you to
> download (by clicking on the thumbnail) the entire recorded program to
> your machine where it will start playing.
>
> It won't do live TV like a Sling, and it won't (currently) stream --
> and moving between .35 and 4GB may take a while depending on the
> *uplink* speed at your house -- if you have FIOS at both ends, this
> might be practical...

And, if you can sustain a transfer rate greater than the average bitrate
of the recording--and you don't need the fancy UI--you can always start
the download and watch as the download continues (by starting the player
outside of the browser).  (I know this will work on *nix, but don't know
for sure how Windows file locking will handle it.)

Mike