[mythtv-users] Duplicates, from the +1 channels

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sat Oct 20 21:25:21 UTC 2007

Gareth Glaccum wrote:
> Hi,
> Is anyone else (UK DVB-T) having issues with duplicates from the
> irritating +1 channels? I have all channels in my list, using the
> over-the-air EPG and am getting two copies of a lot of programs due to
> the +1 channels. This isn't a major issue in a lot of cases, deleting a
> copy is only a second's job, but there are cases where this is causing
> other programs to not schedule because a duplicate is being recorded.
> In some cases, it can be explained by the fact that on the +1 channels,
> the descriptions are different, but many times it is not the case.
> As an example (this was happening before the channels changed names as
> well, considering a re-scan tomorrow), possible conflicts with
> 'Coupling', Monday Oct 22. 2:20 AM. In this instance the conflict is
> 'The X Factor', but this wasn't the case until I changed the priorities.
> All schedules are 'Record on any channel' but the scheduler does not
> appear to be considering the two as duplicates.
>
> Holby City: Bitter From the Sweet
> <http://192.168.1.10/mythweb/tv/detail/1001/1193015700> 	1 - BBC ONE
> <http://192.168.1.10/mythweb/tv/channel/1001/1193015700>
> QI <http://192.168.1.10/mythweb/tv/detail/1012/1193013600> 	12 - UKTV
> History <http://192.168.1.10/mythweb/tv/channel/1012/1193013600>
> The X Factor <http://192.168.1.10/mythweb/tv/detail/1006/1193013000> 	6
> - ITV2 <http://192.168.1.10/mythweb/tv/channel/1006/1193013000>
> The X Factor <http://192.168.1.10/mythweb/tv/detail/1031/1193016600> 	31
> - ITV2 +1 <http://192.168.1.10/mythweb/tv/channel/1031/1193016600>

You can change the way Myth matches duplicates in the recording
schedule.  I think the default is title + subtitle + description.  I
change this to title + subtitle for some schedules to get round a
similar problem where the same program is repeated with slightly
different descriptions.

Of course it relies on shows having their subtitle set, which some dont.
  Oh for a decent source of consistent listing data (in the UK).
Radiotimes does a have decent job (considering it's free), but it their
data could be more consistent.

Robert.