[mythtv-users] plans to improve Myth/Compiz integration?

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sat Oct 20 07:08:46 UTC 2007

Ben Kevan wrote:
> On Friday 19 October 2007 06:32:46 pm Chris Ribe wrote:
>>> No reason to have compiz.. I would remove it actually..
>> If it is the default window manager of your favorite distro, I would say
>> that's a reasonable reason to have it.
>
> Yes, if your distro is ment as a desktop. I am sure MythBuntu (which is a
> MythTV based box built off of Ubuntu 7.10) will not have it included by
> default

I think I've solved this problem...

Things work properly when you go to your Appearance panel -> Visual
Effects -> set to Normal or Extra. For some reason, it was set to "None"
for me even with Desktop Effects enabled via the Desktop Effects control
panel.

In my opinion, having both a Desktop Effects control panel and these
options under Appearance (not sure what these have to do with
appearance) is a big usability hole. Not a good idea, Ubuntu devs... Why
not consolidate these options and put all of this under Desktop Effects?

Oh well... this is a welcome improvement, now that I have it working :)

--
Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
joe at netmusician.org