[mythtv-users] When is the master BE not the master BE?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 02:24:37 UTC 2007

On 10/19/07, Brian Foddy <bfoddy at visi.com> wrote:
> A month ago, I swapped out my master BE machine with another,
> doing so changed the machine name and IP address.
>
> To do the conversion, I dumped the database to a file and
> globally changed every occurrence of the old machine and
> ip address with the new values, copied it over and reloaded
> the database.  Then I double checked the values in
> mythtv-setup and everything seems fine.
>
> The system also has a slave BE machine that doubles
> as a FE machine, which hasn't changed names/ip.
>
> The system is working fine except for two funny
> problems.
> 1.  It refuses to run mythfilldatabase automatically as the
> old master used to do.  Manually running it works fine.
> 2.  The system is not logging any events in the database log.

Not that this helps but I have the exact same two problems. The last
thing I got in the database log was from the old master (several
months ago). And I have had to schedule mythfilldatabase via a cron
job because it was never running. Other than that all is well. I am
using a svn version of mythtv-0.21 under 64 bit gentoo.

John