[mythtv-users] HDHomerun and network problems?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Oct 19 20:41:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 12:16 -0700, Michael Rice wrote:

> I thought from my investigations that a 100Mb network could handle 2
> HDHR recordings plus streaming to a frontend.  Do others have this
> setup working?

Yes. But as you can see, it greatly depends on exactly what hardware you
have. My HDHR is located on another floor of the house from the backend
(there are already too many cable splitters down there), and it goes
through a 10/100 switch plus two GigE switches on its way to the
backend, and I have no problems recording two HD shows (when it's
working; see previous "suddenly can't record on HDHomerun" thread) and
watching an SD show on a frontend. I can also watch an HD show on the
backend while recording two HD shows and an SD show.

--Greg