[mythtv-users] HDHomerun and network problems?

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 20:27:38 UTC 2007

Setting up DHCP wasn't really that difficult for the HDHR.  I'm running
MythDora 4.0 (FC6 variant) and it's a simple config file that needs to be
edited.  Set a static IP in a different subnet on your 2nd NIC than on your
prime NIC.  Then in the config, you specify the broadcast range for DHCP.
My server is as follows:

Prime NIC:  10.0.0.24
Subnet:  255.255.255.0

2nd NIC:  192.168.1.1
Subnet:  255.255.255.0

Broadcast in config file:  192.168.1.255

This tells DHCPd to only work on the 2nd NIC.  There are some other settings
that I didn't know about until I tried starting the dhcpd service (service
dhcpd start) and it errored out.  I checked out the /var/logs/message and it
showed me the problems.  I looked them up and fixed them fast.  It's been
working perfectly for about a month now.  Love that Myth!

PS:

I can't tell you exactly where the config file is because I'm not in front
of my machine right now.  Sorry.

Joltman