[mythtv-users] Lirc doesn't work :-(

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 20:27:01 UTC 2007

I'm trying to install and use Lirc 0.8.0 on a system running Debian
testing (lenny) to use an automaked serial receiver, but it doesn't
work.
I don't think the problem to be the receiver because I made 2 pieces
and none of them works. And I used a receiver which works on another
system.
I installed lirc and lirc-modules-source using apt-get from the
ufficial Debian repositories and I compiled the modules lirc_dev and
lirc_serial without any problem.
I setted the /dev/ttyS0 serial port as "uart none" with setserial and
I configured Lirc to load the drivers at the boot time.
When the system starts, Lirc and the modules lirc_dev and lirc_serial
are loaded correctly, and Lircd is loaded with "--device=/dev/lirc0".

"dmesg" reports this:

lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
lirc_serial: no version of "lirc_unreguster_plugin" found: kernel tainted.
lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0

In fact, the receiver doesn't work.
When I launch "irrecord" as "root", I get this error:

irrecord: could not init hardware (lircd running? --> close it, check
permissions)

And obviously "mode2 -d /dev/lirc0" and "irw" don't work at all.

What is the problem? Could you help me please?

Thank you very much!
Bye.