[mythtv-users] Lirc and VNC question

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Oct 18 20:18:52 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have one combo backend/frontend that we use for our myth setup. Because
some shows don't commercial flag perfectly, i go into some select shows and
manually mark in the cut points. The thing is, i want to be able to do this
while my wife is watching tv, so i setup vnc, so i could do it from my
laptop (or even from work, during some short downtime...always nice to
have).

The problem is that since they're one and the same computer (the one she's
watching tv on, and the one i vnc into), she hits live tv on the remote, and
it makes both frontends go to live tv. How can i set lirc to only control
desktop 0?

Also, since i'm on the topic, how can i mute all desktops but desktop 0?
Since i can't go directly into editing mode, i have to play the episode then
hit "e" she will hear the first second or so of each episode (kinda
annoying).

-Thanks for the help.
-Steve