[mythtv-users] AOpen MiniPC

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:43:43 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, Adilson Oliveira <adilson at adilson.net> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is anyone using one of those AOpen MiniPCs with MythTV? From the specs
> should be no problems but I'm concerned about noise and heat.
>
> []s
>
> Adilson.

The only problem I see with them is the graphics chipset. It's an Intel Q965
and while the drivers for it work fairly well, the BIOS isn't setup for HD
resolution displays, meaning you need 915resoltion to hack the BIOS. Only
problem with that is it only works up to the 945 chip, not the 965.

I have an Intel pico-btx board with this chipset and ended up adding an
Nvidia card to drive my HD display.