[mythtv-users] cx88-blackbird & avermedia M150-D

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 16:42:07 UTC 2007

Hi, thanks for the great suggestion!  I wasn't sure if
the card worked, I wasn't able to test it until now.
Now I know it does.

  Now, I'm cc'ing the mythtv mailing list as well for
this question, if anyone could please help: To get it
working under MythTV, how do I enable it in the
mythtv-setup program?  I've tried setting it up as a
hardware mpeg2 device, and a v4l device, but I keep
getting a blank screen and mythtv freezes.

Thank you everyone for the great support,
Sam

----------------

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 03:48 -0700, Sam Logen wrote:
> Well, I'm testing the Avermedia M150-D with xawtv.
> The first output (/dev/v4l/video1) which is the
> software encoded stream comes through fine, and I
can
> change channels well.  My sound system isn't up, so
> don't know about the sound.  When I try the second
> output (/dev/v4l/video2) which is hardware encoding,
> xawtv gives me a black screen, regardless of the
> channel.  It also outputs in the terminal:

video2 is MPEG, which xawtv isn't able to read.
As a simple test, try tunning into a channel (on
video1) with xawtv,
 and
then (on another terminal) run "mplayer /dev/video2".
You should get an
mpeg stream of the channel that's active on video1.

--
RC