[mythtv-users] ATN Marc: Re: PLEASE HELP- Two problems with my mythbox mythdora4.0 & Leadtek Winfast DTV2000 H

doug brann dorsal_fin1 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 16:23:40 UTC 2007

Hi Marc, sorry this took so long. I responded to you twice, but accidentally used the "reply button, not the list address. Both emails probably went to the ether.

Thanks again for the help.Below is the response I sent to the ether. I think it's as complete as I can make it, but I don't know how to configure jump points.

-Doug

  Doug,
  Do you use MPlayer? If not there is no need to define the keys.
  I think I do. I use it for watching DVDs and VCDs.
  A – myth: switch to analogue tv (I'm told this is something I need to do with the LeadTek card I've had trouble with-- but I really don't know)
  Not sure what you mean. Do you want to change cards with this button or do you want to change the input on the card?
  I haven’t got the card problem completely sorted yet. I have learned that I switch back and forth from analogue to digital by using the letter ‘y’ on my keyboard. I still only get snow on the analogue, but it’s a start. I think key “A” should do what “y” does on my keyboard.

  B – myth: switch to digital tv. See "A"
  There is no option for this specifically. You would have to cycle through cards or inputs as there is no forward or back button for this functionality. See above.
  Is there a different option you would want?
  I guess I’m back to  “do something cool here”….

  C – myth: hmmm. I don’t know, but I’d hate to waste a perfectly good button. Do something cool. Right now, it is the same as [esc], I think.
  D – myth: The same as “C”.
  E -- myth: The same as “D”.
  F -- myth: The same as “E”.
  I have not looked deep into your lircrc config yet but from the list you sent I dont see you using the MENU or INFO commands so I will define 2 of these to use them.
  Good idea.
  The other 2 I'm not sure about yet. Do you have more than one tuner card? If yes I could define one as the PIP toggle on or off
  I could define the other to swap the PIP. (the PIP will become main and the main will become PIP)
  The LeadTek WinFast DTV2000H is supposed to be a dual Analogue/digital tuner. It’s the only card I have. I haven’t been able to get the analogue working, so I don’t really know.  What the heck though. At some point (if I ever get this thing working to my satisfaction) I’ll get a second card. If you do it now, I’d have the button already configured.
  TV: Myth: go to the "Watch TV menu".
  You will need to tell me what you have defined to do this in your keybindings.
  Open mythweb goto settings and then keybindings. The JumpPoints section at the top of the keybindings page will need to have something defined for this.
  In Jumppoints define "Main Menu"
   I don’t know how to configure the jump points… L
  DVD: Myth: Go to the "Optical Disk" menu
  There is no option for Optical Disk menu or equivalent in jumppoints. You can define this to play a DVD thou.
  In Jumppoints define "Play DVD" I used Ctrl+D
    I don’t know how to configure the jump points… L If you set up the remote to use what you use, then tell me how to configure the jump point…
  WEB Myth: Go to mythbrowser (it's not set up, but someday...)
  I do not see this as an option in jumppoints. But I do not have the browser installed. The option might be there if yo uwere to install mythbrowser.
  Check your jumpmenu, if it is there define it and tell me the key combination.

  BOOK Myth: Go to media library
  There does not seem to be an option for this. We could have it open mythvideo.
  In Jumppoints define "MythVideo" I used Ctrl+V
  That sounds right.

  HAND : Myth: Utilities/Setup->video manager (in other words, update the videos in the database)
  In Jumppoints define "Video Manager"

  DVD_ROOTMENU: Myth: go to the “optical disks” sub menu
  Again I don't see this option. Look at your jumppoints, decide what you want it to do and enter a key combination and tell me.

  SETUP: Myth: go to the “Utilities/Setup” menu
  Again I don't see this option. Look at your jumppoints, decide what you want it to do and enter a key combination and tell me.

  MAXAMIZE: Hmmm. When I watch TV, sometimes the screen is small. This should maximize the screen.
  There is no option to maximize the screen.. I can have it defined to change the aspect ratio if you want.
  Does this sound like a good thing to do? If you have a better idea, let me know. It just seems like a good idea to do something with the size of the picture with MAXIMIZE.

  TV_ON_DEMAND: Myth: Watch TV
  In Jimppoints define "Live TV" I used Ctrl+L
  Ok. Let’s that.

Marc <drayson at net1plus.com> wrote:                        Doug,

[...]

  RECORD: Myth: [esc]  Xine: Record, Mplayer: Record
  In Myth this could be used to tell myth to save/record something you are watching in live TV instead of being another stop button.
  For example you know there is a movie you want to watch on and you get home and start watching it at 8pm. Around 9pm you start to fall asleep and the movie ends at 10pm. You can hit the record button and then exit live tv and goto bed. Myth will finish recording the show as if it was schedualed and you could watch it later.
  In Xine and MPlayer there is no record option as what you are doing is usually watching an AVI or some other video not from myth.

  Marc

http://mail.yahoo.com