[mythtv-users] dual head nvidia

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Oct 18 16:13:27 UTC 2007

Mike LaPlante wrote:
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> Does anyone have a working xorg.conf for a dual-head nvidia setup?  Not
>> tv + DVI but dual DVI.
>>
>> I would appreciate it greatly.  I'm a bit under the gun to get this new
>> server up and running - the WAF is falling as I post.  :-)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --Yan
>>
> Have you tried the nvidia-settings app? It usually works for me though
> occasionally I have to tweak it a bit afterwards. Oh you and didn't
> mention whether you not you wanted dual desktops or one spanning desktop.

Dual desktops - we have two monitors, two keyboards, two mice connected
to the same box.  I've had it set up with two separate video cards but
now I have one card with dual-DVI outputs so I'm looking for the part of
the config where you tell it which port to use with which setup.

I'm away from the box so the only access I have is via ssh and no X
forwarding (too many gateways between me and the box...)

--Yan

--
  o__

'man' is short for 'manual' because it's very short, for a manual.