[mythtv-users] The Bigger... Disk contest, Fall 2007 edition

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:29:34 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, Sean Goodpasture <goofygrin at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Nice thing about unraid is that it boots off a memory stick, so no need for
> another drive (which would cost more and take up space in the box).

My system isn't nearly as large (only 1.5 TB), however, I just wanted
to mention that you don't need a dedicated drive just for booting when
using software RAID.  I usually make my boot drive a RAID1 across all
of my installed disks, just to make sure the system can boot in the
event of multiple drive failure.

Since you're a Gentoo guy, the wiki has a good explanation on how to
boot from the RAID:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_Install_on_Software_RAID

--
Joe Ripley