[mythtv-users] Building a small front end with HD - hardwaresuggestions

Sean Goodpasture goofygrin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:41:42 UTC 2007

no board that I know of sends the audio over hdmi.

You should avoid the HDMI headache anyway.  What a busted "standard" that
was only developed to "protect" content providers.

My main front end uses the asus M2NPV board too (like Ma above) with the DVI
to my Mitsu 1080p over dvi and the only issue is that I had to make a spdif
braket for it.  I got it from newegg "refurb" for like $45.