[mythtv-users] MythTV media server on PS3

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Thu Oct 18 01:56:51 UTC 2007

>> Does anyone know how I can get to see all my TV shows on my PS3 from my
>> MythTV backend. I am using MythTV svn
>>
>> I have 2 tuners PVR-150 and Hd5500 DVB card.
>>
>> I am able to properly see shows that have been encoded in MPEG2 using my
>> PVR-150 card.
>>
>> Some of the HDTV shows captured using QAM ( ComCast )  appear without
>> sound.
>>
>> When I transcoded my shows to use MPEG4, my PS3 didn't support this
>> format.
>>
>> Are there any solutions,tweaks I can do to be able to stream my shows to
>> PS3 and transcoding the data to a form that the PS3 understands?
>>
>> thx
>
> This is something I'm interested in too. My brother has a PS3 and I
> thought it was great when MythTV got the UPnP add on, but it's not that
> easy.
>
> The MPEG streams captured from DVB are not always very 'clean' and
> although MythTV is fairly good at extracting what it needs, other
> players (PS3) need things in a cleaner form. That is why sometimes you
> will get no sound, or picture, or anything!
>
> I tried to remedy this by transcoding but then of course the files are
> .nuv and the PS3 can't read them.
>
> Perhaps someone could clarify this as I could be wrong.
>
> --
> -------------------
> Simon
> ")

My HD recordings from an SA3250 over firewire seem to play fine, minus the
audio that is. Although I was impressed that the metadata was present and
my recordings weren't displayed as 5517_20071017193000.mpg
Has anyone had any luck with mythvideo upnp in .20.2? I don't follow the
ps3 world very closely, but I was under the impression the new firmware is
capable of decoding xvid/divx, but browsing mythvideo through the ps3 it
just shows a bunch of blank media files that won't play. Is this just upnp
not finished in mythvideo?