[mythtv-users] configure did not detect my cpu

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Oct 17 16:07:43 UTC 2007

Fred McClain wrote:
> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> Fred McClain wrote:

> Well the bad memory theory seems out the door. I downloaded memtest86
> and ran it for a couple of hours with no errors.  I did a fresh install
> of R5F27 but still see the seg faults duing 'make'.
>
> I tried the ./config command you suggested above and it ran for quite
> awhile but still finished with a 'internal compiler error: Segmentation
> fault'.
>
> And uname -p returns 'unknown'
>
> My proc/cpuinfo output looks like:
> processor   :  0
> vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
> cpu family   : 6
> model          : 15
> model name   : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU         6400 @ 2.13GHz
> stepping   : 6
> cpu MHz   : 2131.321
> cache size    : 2048 KB

That's all you get or are you cutting stuff off? Because I get this on
this desktop and similar on the Core 2 Duo:

[root at tor2 tar]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 2405.619
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe up cid
bogomips        : 4813.28
clflush size    : 64

Geoff