[mythtv-users] ZFS - what's the scoop?

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Oct 17 18:32:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 10:49:30AM -0700, Peter Loron wrote:
> I'm going to be rebuilding my mythbox and putting in a 4x250 RAID 5 for
> I'm seriously thinking about using ZFS for the RAID volume. Anybody have
>  input on that?

Not going to happen anytime soon. The current state of ZFS on
Linux is not-very-functional experiment.

The closest you can get is building a ZFS Solaris box as
storage, and mounting that via NFS.

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.
Tyranny is something that creeps up on you.

http://tao.merseine.nu:81/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.