[mythtv-users] Building a small front end with HD - hardware suggestions

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Wed Oct 17 14:13:57 UTC 2007

I'm looking at splitting my myth setup into front & backend, as the backend
seems to be running almost full time now.

I would like a slim & small frontend, quite, but with great video (i.e. high
def 1080p support in video)..no tearing/stuttering (i.e. not ATI
chipset)..etc.

I've watch a number a threads over the past 6 months but most focus on SD
video, or are based on mobo's from 1 year ago.

What would you suggest for:

Motherboard type (mini ITX, micro ATX, etc), model
Video (I assume built into that motherboard) - and will it handle HD
Case - something slim/small, but must look cool.  LCD/VFD display is nice to
have.

Thanks,
MD