[mythtv-users] 1 CableDigital Lineup available to chose but need 2 sources from it

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Oct 17 13:41:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 17:29 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> It turns out that the message you're seeing is a bit misleading.  That
> message ("This DataDirect listings source is shared by 2 MythTV
> lineups") is printed out any time 2 separate video sources use SD with
> the same userid and password--regardless of whether the lineupid is
> identical.  It seems that some of the "setup" data (i.e. cookies, lists
> of lineups available, etc.--that's necessary for downloading listings
> data from any/all lineups) is cached, so the message is still output.
> However, the program listings data is not being cached because there's
> no way to download partial lineups from SD/TMS, so doing so wouldn't be
> of any benefit.

Michael, as of 0.20.2 and later we download the data only once per
account per mythfilldatabase run per day of listings, so that first
download downloads data for both of David's lineups for a particular
time period. Also, using a digital and an analog lineup from the same
cable provider is no less efficient than using only the digital lineup.
Not everyone can use David's setup because QAM and firewire recordable
channels may not be in the analog lineup and some cable providers do
not even have an analog lineup anymore, but it's a perfectly valid
setup when it is possible to set things up this way.

Using multiple similar DataDirect lineups used to be very inefficient
in the labs days but we do a lot better job at caching now.

The cookie caching stuff you saw is for the frontend channel editor
and a future channel scanner/importer; neither of these work at the
moment because I'm still working on the Schedules Direct server side
of the equation for this functionality.

-- Daniel