[mythtv-users] Epia EN12000 and MythTV

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:36:19 UTC 2007

Hi.

I assembled my new Mini-ITX system based on a Via Epia EN12000 Fanless
motherboard and I wish to use it as MythTV frontend only, because the
backend is on another server connected in the LAN.
Some weeks ago I used a frontend based on the Asus Pundit barebone and
an Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz CPU with 512 Mb RAM and it worked well
without any slow motion on live TV.
Now I'm testing the new Epia system (it has a 1.2 GHz and 1 Gb RAM
DDR2) but it is very very slow! The live TV shows very slow and the
motion isn't fluid at all. The video is very very slow.
I realized that the "mythfrontend" process takes 99.7% of the CPU.
But I read that someone is using the EN12000 with MythTV without any
problem and my reseller told that it is enough for a mediacenter
system.
I'm using Debian testing (lenny) as distro but I tested Knoppmyth and
it has the same problem.

Anyone could help me please?

Thank you very much!
Bye.