[mythtv-users] 1 CableDigital Lineup available to chose but need 2 sources from it

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 16 21:29:42 UTC 2007

On 10/16/2007 04:00 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Your original statement (brought back from a previous post):
>>
>> On 10/16/2007 01:26 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
>>> I have two different lineups that
>>> have overlapping channels, and the overlapped ones are only
>>> downloaded once.
>>>
>> Should have been:
>>
>> I have two different video sources that have overlapping channels,
>> so I
>> configured them to share the same SD lineup so the channels are only
>> downloaded once.
>>
> But that's not what I did.  I created two lineups and associated one
> with each video source.
>
> Cut and paste from the SD webpage:
>
> 98032	Federal Way, US	Comcast	Cable
> 98032	Federal Way, US	Comcast - Digital	CableDigital
>

> So I'm still confused.  I didn't follow the directions in the wiki --
> I created two lineups, one for my "normal" analog tuner and one for
> my digital cable STB, and then associated each with the proper tuner
> and input.  And MythTV automatically started caching data from the
> digital lineup to feed the analog one.
>
> I feel like maybe we're arguing semantics, here.  Are you using some
> definition of the word "lineup" that's different from what the SD
> webpage and mythfilldatabase are using?

It turns out that the message you're seeing is a bit misleading.  That
message ("This DataDirect listings source is shared by 2 MythTV
lineups") is printed out any time 2 separate video sources use SD with
the same userid and password--regardless of whether the lineupid is
identical.  It seems that some of the "setup" data (i.e. cookies, lists
of lineups available, etc.--that's necessary for downloading listings
data from any/all lineups) is cached, so the message is still output.
However, the program listings data is not being cached because there's
no way to download partial lineups from SD/TMS, so doing so wouldn't be
of any benefit.

If you execute the query:

SELECT sourceid, name, lineupid FROM videosource;

You'll see that your two video sources have different lineups
(lineupid's) associated with them.

Thanks for getting me to look at the source to find out that the message
may still be output even when the program listings data isn't being
re-used.  It will definitely make explaining things easier next time
there are questions.  :)

Mike