[mythtv-users] DVB-T USB dual-tuners in Mythtv?

Mark Schuren schuren at ultra.de
Tue Oct 16 12:52:43 UTC 2007

Hi Stephen,

I bought a Hauppauge Nova-TD (dual tuner / diversity) USB2 stick some weeks
ago.
Works under Linux and Myth with current (mercurial) dvb drivers and a
specific
firmware file - but for me the device only works for the first 24 hours...

I have great reception, but when I leave the backend idle for 12-24 hours,
and then try to use the device again, it consistently fails to tune any
channel.
A reboot / reload of the firmware seems necessary to get it back to
operation.

AFAICT this looks like a firmware problem, because the drivers work very
well for
the first couple of hours. dmesg gives no hints. I guess I'll wait for
updates
on www.linuxtv.org... It's a quite new device...

In general I'm happy with all my Hauppauge USB devices (especially the
remote
controls are really good), this Nova-TD is the first one I saw where Linux
support seems not that stable - yet ;-)

Just my 2 cents.
Mark