[mythtv-users] Fluxbox:hide slit

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:22:14 UTC 2007

2007/10/16, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 10/15/2007 07:05 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:
> > I am trying to switch to fluxbox.  I have got it installed on F7 and
> > configured to start the FE on boot.  But I cant get the slit to hide.
> > I have the init file conifgured for:
> >
> > session.screen0.slit.autoHide :  true
> >
> > When fluxbox loads i see its hidden but then when mythFE loads it pops
> > back up.  If i move my mouse around it goes back to hide but once this
> > is configure i wont have a keyboard or mouse connected.
> >
> > How can I fix this?  or better yet remove the slit.
>
> Even with it hidden you still have a couple of pixels of "here is the
> slit" over the height/width of the slit, which I find annoying.  So, I
> completely hid it by not putting anything in the slit on my frontend
> (and, I only have one screen and set the toolbar height to 0).  Works
> great for a dedicated Myth frontend.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you if you plan to use
> the box for a computer, too, and want the "desktop" features.  You
> could, though, use a complete and total hack, like:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722#82722 (but I'm
> not suggesting it).

I am loosing focus in mythwelcome when I hit M to get mythwelcome
menu,  when I am not using window manager. I tried using fvwm, but I
had a white pixels on the right and bottom side of the screen, when I
used Internal player. I was not able to solve this, and I am using
mythfrontend without WM again since than. I am loosing focus only in
mythwelcome and really rarely in other menus. I can live with it, but
I would like not to have to.

M.