[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Can't use DVB-T in SVN trunk: "Failed to initialize multiplex options"

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:04:10 UTC 2007

On 16/10/2007, Jens Baumeister <jens.baumeister at gmail.com> wrote:

> Figured it out myself: Somewhere drung the upgrade seomthing hosed my
> mysql db and converted all varchar(10) into varchar(4) fields. So the
> data in dtv_multiplex as partially incomplete. Changed the varhars
> back to length 10, did a new scan, now it's all fine. :-)

You may have changed the character set on your database from 8 bit to
UTF-16 - apparent shortening of the varchar fields is a symptom of
that. You should check all your tables to make sure this hasn't
happened.

There are two options if you've done this:
1) Revert back to the old charset and rebuild the tables.
2) Fix the tables manually (this is what I did before I realised what
the underlying cause was).

--
Neil Milne