[mythtv-users] 1 CableDigital SD lineup available to use, multiple sources

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Tue Oct 16 04:23:17 UTC 2007

I have 1 lineup feeding data to 2 different sources, both are cable but one
is SD and the other is HD.
Basically create 1 lineup with all the channels you can get.
Then attack all the sources to your analog card and run mythfilldatabase.
Once all the sources have all the channels go back and delete the channels
that each source cannot receive.
Then open the settings in your front end and add --remove-new-channels as
the arguments to use when running mythfilldatabase.

Obviously this will not work if one of your sources is cable, another is
OTA, and another is DirectTV. This only works if you have multiple tuners
that can only receive specific channels from the same source type.