[mythtv-users] configure did not detect my cpu

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Oct 16 01:02:41 UTC 2007

Fred McClain wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to build mythtv. I got sources from:
>
> svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-20-fixes/mythtv
>
> I issued this configure command:
>
> ./configure --enable-dvb --enable-xvmc --enable-opengl-vsync \
> --enable-xvmc-pro --enable-proc-opt --prefix=/usr
>
> And received this output:
>
> *** WARNING ***
> Your CPU was not detected properly:
>   uname -m: i686
>   uname -p: unknown
> model name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU      6400 @ 2.13GHz
>

> *Then when I run 'make' I get 'segmentation fault'. Do you think the 'segmentation fault' is related to uname not detecting processor correctly?

I would not think that seg fault would be caused by that, but there have
been some problems reported here concerning problems with the 'arch' and
'proc-opt' switches. Try it after deleting the '--enable-proc-opt'
switch. Configure seems to get a little confused.

No promises however. Please report back....since I don't get that
problem on my Asus P5l-MX mb with Intell 6600 Core2Duo @ 2.4GHz....weird
that you do. Both uname -m and uname -p give my i686....

Geoff