[mythtv-users] Recorded at a slightly higher pitch

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Mon Oct 15 23:22:33 UTC 2007

On Monday, 15 Oct 2007 14:40:52 -0400,
Rod Smith <mythtv at rodsbooks.com> wrote :

> Others have posted two other possible causes. I'll add this: I've
> seen something like this once or twice in videos I've obtained from
> the Internet. Upon investigation I found that they were recorded with
> an audio sampling rate of 44,100 Hz. Apparently certain MythTV video
> tools like seeing a 48,000 Hz recording, and play back 44,100 Hz
> recordings at a higher pitch.

I'm not sure this would be the problem because I have the impression
that the pitch is not that far away, but I may be wrong.  I'm saying
this because recently I had this problem when recording some keyboard
over an accoustic bass track which was in tune.  I searched throught
the MIDI keyboard documentation just to confirm that everything was OK
with it, i.e. no transposition of any sort.  Then I stumbled on the Hz
settings which was different in the jack daemon and the ardour audio
workstation.  Anyways, the effect was that the keyboard was more than
half a tone over pitch, which I think is not the case with the video
and MythTV.  But then, I never played with speeded-up videos so unless
there's music, it could be that people are indeed talking more than
half a tone higher - I'll check it out.

Al