[mythtv-users] ATI video card, which one?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:47:34 UTC 2007

> Fair enough.  However, in that case, keep in mind, the amount of
> experience with ATI gear around here is severely limited.  TBH, I have
> no idea if you can even get DVI out working on an ATI card,

Well, I know that much!  There are working open source and proprietary
binary drivers available for ATI cards, similar to the situation for
nvidia.  The major difference is that the proprietary binary drivers don't
offer the same 2D acceleration features as the nvidia driver, but they do
have both 2D and 3D acceleration.

Getting DVI out is not a problem, to say the least.

--
TV/IT Engineer
WCJB-TV Gainesville, FL
cribe at wcjb.com