[mythtv-users] Does anyone have a working xorg.conf for fx5200

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:32:09 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, Sam Bruner <sabruner3 at juno.com> wrote:

> I am currently using the stock mythdora nvidia xorg.conf.  It is set so
> that
> a tv and a monitor can both be connected at the same time.
>
> In a previous box I only had setting for a tv.  I had two different
> xorg.conf, one for vga and one for tv.  I do not have this xorg.conf
> anymore.
>
> Does anyone have one for a Nvidia fx5200 set for tv-out and composite?
>
> Also, if I rememeber correctly there is a way to generate this.
>
> Some simple steps on how do this would also be great.

I have an FX5200 going to both a TV via SVIDEO and my monitor via VGA.   For
composite output just change SVIDEO to COMPOSITE.  You need to have the
BusID in the two device sections.  Run lspci to determine what it should be
on your computer, mine looks like this ...

0000:02:02.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX
5200] (rev a1)

Here is part of my xorg.conf ...

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "KDS"
        HorizSync 30 - 64
        VertRefresh 50 - 130
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "TV"
        HorizSync 30-50
        VertRefresh 60
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Device[0]"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:2:2:0"
    Screen 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Device[1]"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:2:2:0"
    Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
    Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
    Option      "TVOverScan" "0.8"
    Screen 1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Screen[0]"
    Device      "Device[0]"
    Monitor     "KDS"
    DefaultDepth 24

  # Monitor display setup here (snipped)
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Screen[1]"
    Device      "Device[1]"
    Monitor     "TV"
    Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
    Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
    Option      "TVOverScan" "0.8"
    DefaultDepth 24
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth 24
        Modes "800x600"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier  "Simple Layout"
    Screen 0 "Screen[0]"
    Screen 1 "Screen[1]" RightOf "Screen[0]"
    InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Keyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection