[mythtv-users] ATI video card, which one?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:54:14 UTC 2007

I am going to buy an ATI video card today to go in a currently disused
frontend/slave backend, but I know next to nothing about their range of
cards.   It needs to be PCIe and it will be driving a monitor via a DVI
connection (@1080x540).

The frontend sports a 3.0Ghz EM64T P4, but has been unused since it had it's
faulty motherboard replaced w/ one that lacks an AGP slot to hold its former
nvidia GPU.  Anyhow, I know I am getting an ATI card because I want to
reward them for opening up their hardware.  I'm looking for recommendations
on which card to get, and any insight into what sort of HD playback
experience I can expect in the near term.

Thanks,
   Chris

TV/IT Engineer
WCJB-TV Gainesville, FL