[mythtv-users] Upgrading to 0.21

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Oct 14 20:36:42 UTC 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 02:27:38PM -0700, Dan Wilson wrote:
> I am currently running 0.20.2.  I am considering upgrading to 0.21,
> primarily for the multiple-storage-drive support.  Is the current
> unstable release at atrpms (Oct 10 release) stable enough to switch
> to?  Any reasons to avoid doing this?  If so, any alternatives
> available to use multiple drives/partitions with 0.20.2 backend?

Even though the trunk works fine, be it as packages or self-built, the
"contract" between users and devlopers is that if you run into
problems with the trunk you need to follow different procedure than
with the stable code. For example no support request on mythtv-users,
on problems you need to check against the very latest trunk code
before reporting and so on. Having said that many many users are happy
running the development code being aware that this is not a released
version.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net