[mythtv-users] Video Card Usage

Timothy M. Admire tim.admire at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 17:02:11 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am in the process of putting together a MythTV system with a Hauppage
PVR-350 in order to do the encoding and decoding of the MPEG-2 video.  I am
wondering if, since this card does the encoding and output of the video,
will the video card itself be doing much work?  My GeForce card has an
onboard fan, but I'd like to disconnect that if the card is not going to be
using much horsepower.

Also, with the PVR-350, will all video from the system be output through a
coax cable on the card instead of/as well as through the video card?

Thank you!

Tim

--
Timothy M. Admire

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please
notify the sender and delete this email from your system.