[mythtv-users] HVR-3000 DVB-S tuning problems

Mark Guz mark at guz.org.uk
Sun Oct 14 07:47:30 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I've just installed a shiny new Hauppauge HVR-3000 card in my myth box.
After some driver compiling and head scratching the hardware now works
perfectly, and using dvbstream i can lock on to channels on Astra 2D 28.2E,
particularly BBC1 Scotland, ITV Grampian etc, however within Mythv (i used
both 0.20 and 0.21cvs) i can only pick up channels from Astra 2A/B and the
signal strength is only reported as 5%, plus the picture suffers from
peep/squeek and breakup.

With dvbstream and the original digibox, all transponders are available and
all channels are clear and suffer no break up.

I am in the Netherlands and have a dish pointed at Astra 28.2E and the LNB
is a UNIVERSAL variety.

I have seen some talk of mythtv not working too well with dvb-s and other
talk of it working just fine.

I don't think the hvr-3000 is at fault as there are no problems using
dvbstream and the dish/lnb is definately ok, so the only thing left is myth
itself.

Is there a known problem, am I doing something wrong? I set the diseqc to
universal LNB and i don't see anywhere else i can configure options.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Mark Guz