[mythtv-users] Old recordings not playing

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Oct 13 17:31:39 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 07:52:14PM -0400, Jeremy Baker wrote:
> [ lots of data about how you tried to upgrade ]
>
> I *think* what you need to do is to install the new code fresh, reload
> the *old* data into the DBMS, run the backend and let it update it, and
> then delete all your tuner cards and recreate them.
>
> But I might be wrong.  :-)

Since he has THREE tuners in the mysqldump, it probably would be best to
  do a 'delete and re-create' first, then make a data dump, then install
the new code, and run the backend for the schema update. Finally, take a
look at whether he needs to re-run a 'delete and re-create', but
probably not.

The old program data will be saved, either way.

Geoff