[mythtv-users] mythwelcome questions

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:21:08 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tested it with a combination of xscreensaver and perl script and it
> is working great. mythfrontend is being killed when it is inactive for
> 10 minutes and mythwelcome appears. if nothing happens for one more
> minute, mythbox sets wakeup time and goes to standby (S3).
>
> Ma,

I have had problems with putting my M2NPV-VM based system into S3
(suspend-to-ram) because when it wakes up it has a scrambled MAC
address.  This results in DHCP granting it a dynamic IP address which
messes up the MythTV connections.  I have yet to find a fix for my
systems.

This appears to be either a problem with ASUS motherboards or the
forcedeth driver since I get the same kind of problems with an A8N-SLI
motherboard, too.

What do you use to put your system in S3 state and what do you do
(if anything) to keep the MAC address sane?

Craig.