[mythtv-users] xscreensaver ignores lirc if it kicks off before I use my remote

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 09:31:24 UTC 2007

if you did not solve this in the meantime, this might help you.

you can put in lircrc a rule for every button (I think you can use *
instead button name) to run a shell script which does the following:
#/bin/sh
/usr/bin/xscreensaver-command -deactivate

M.

2007/10/10, Audio Phile <da_audiophile at yahoo.com>:
> It seems like if I don't use my hauppauge gray remote
> (the one that came with my pvr-250) before
> xscreensaver turns on, input from lirc is ignored by
> xscreensaver. In other words, the screensaver won't
> 'wake up' by any button on my grey remote. It doesn't
> matter if the box is idle at a menu, or watching a
> show.
>
> For example, I just booted the mythtv box and left it
> idle for a while. I switched on my TV and found the
> phosphors screensaver running. I couldn't break out of
> it with any button on my gray remote. I did end it via
> a spacebar on the keyboard. After watching a captured
> show, xscreensaver again kicked on -- while the show
> was playing -- and again I couldn't break out of it
> with the remote.
>
> This is in contrast to when I use the remote before
> xscreensaver has a chance to kick on.  In cases where
> this is true, xscreensaver behaves normally, i.e.
> switching off when I use my gray remote and not coming
> on during playback.
>
> I wonder if input from lirc has to occur prior to the
> screensaver starting. I just did a '$ pkill xinit' and
> began to use the box via the remote before the
> screensaver kicks on and the system is behaving
> normally.
>
> I'm running a mildly customized Knoppmyth R5F27 based
> system.
>
> I'm interested in any thoughts on this.  Can anyone
> reproduce this on their box?
>
> Knoppmyth runs fluxbox so here is the contents of my
> ~/.fluxbox/apps
>
> -----------------
> [startup] {xset -dpms s off}
> [startup] {xscreensaver}
> [startup] {gnome-volume-manager}
> [startup] {/usr/bin/x11vnc -nap -wait 50 -passwd
> mythtv -display :0 -forever -o$
> [startup] {xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 0}
> [startup] {mythfrontend}
> [app] (SDL_App)
>   [Layer]       {2}
>   [Deco]        {NONE}
> [end]
>
> Thanks in advance!

Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche