[mythtv-users] Digital TV Reception on DTV-1000t

Tom R. sillyhed2000 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 13 08:13:03 UTC 2007

I recently purchased a Leadtek Winfast DTV-1000t and Knoppmyth picked it right up, which I was happy about. I could browse channels instantly, but the reception is considerably weaker than my current commercial settop box. While the signal only occasionally breaks up and channels take maybe a second or two to change on my current box, the card almost always loses the signal on SBS and ABC and takes up to four or five seconds to switch channels. Is this difference to do with my card (the cheapest of those available), or is this a general rule of thumb for any PCI tuner card? Is it a hardware issue or software issue? Would upgrading my aerial/coax cable improve this?

I'm in Queensland, Australia.

Thanks.

Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it! Find it at www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_Future&_m=EXT