[mythtv-users] Audio only channels stutter and play at wrong speed

Bearcat M. Sandor HomeTheater at feline-soul.com
Sat Oct 13 01:04:02 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007 in an email titled "Re: [mythtv-users] Audio only
channels stutter and play at wrong speed" Sam Logen wrote:
>Hi Scott,
>
>No, Agressive sound card buffering doesn't solve the
>problem.  Any other ideas?  Thanks!
>
>Sam
I had this same problem a few days ago. I have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT.  Check
your sampling rates. I had dmix on my asound.conf which sets a fixed rate of
48000 hz.  Make sure your mixer is set to 48khz.

When i had the mixer set to 44.1 music was slow and xine stuttered. When i put
it up to 96khz  i get the chipmunks effect.

When i set the mixer to 48 khz all was fine.