[mythtv-users] AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2300 & ECS GeForce6100SM-M Motherboard

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 12 21:17:12 UTC 2007

Steve Malenfant wrote:
> System uses 45W idle and 50-65W under HDTV viewing.. Works great with
> XvMC and libmpeg2 so far...
>
> Just to let other knows that this combo works really good for MythTV,
> although watch out for the random MAC address generated. I still need
> to figure this one out.

This CPU is very good, I used the BE2350 in my new backend on a (rather
cheap but OK) Winfast/Foxconn motherboard because it has 4 PCI slots and
Gigabit networking onboard. Runs rocksolid now with two PVR500's and a
WinTV Nova satellite card. I did have to adjust the videobuffers to 16
MB but since then the message 'application is not reading fast enough'
was gone (doing 4 recordings at once while viewing another)

It is my first AMD system in years (being an Intel fan) and I was
pleasantly surprised.
The next step will be replacing my frontend Pundit-S for a Pundit P1-AH2
if it can handle the AMD BE series CPU

Gert