[mythtv-users] Video scan setting does not stick

Chris Weiland hobbiticus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:13:57 UTC 2007

I record most of my shows through a SA3250-HD over firewire, and the streams
have a pesky problem of marking frames as interlaced and progressive - not
at the same time, but switching back and forth fairly rapidly.  Even though
it's a little bothersome, I can just force the video scan to interlaced, and
everything is happy.  Well, that setting tends not to stick for some
reason.  After a little while, it reverts back to autodetect, and the
deinterlacer goes on and off constantly.  I think it tends to happen either
when going to commercial or coming back from commercial.

This didn't happen pre-schedules direct, and just starting happening when I
upgraded for the SD switchover.  I gave it some time and upgraded again a
week or two ago, and I'm still having the same problem.  All of this time I
have been running 20-fixes from subversion, compiled myself.

Also, since the vast majority of what I watch is interlaced, is there some
setting somewhere to globally override interlacing, similar to the aspect
ratio override?  AFAIK, all NTSC channels are interlaced, along with most HD
channels (including all of the ones that I ever watch).  So, it would be
much easier to let it assume that the stream is interlaced, and correct it
in the few instances where the stream is progressive.