[mythtv-users] Really nice barebone for Myth !

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri Oct 12 19:11:02 UTC 2007

Hi *

Recently I saw quite nice announcement about barebone perfectly
addressing diskless Myth fronted (well it has internal bay for HDD, but
as myth can run diskless I considering it as useless).
Here is link

Reviewed  barebone is 6150 based. As MSI discontinued 6150  based Mobos,
new model is on horizon:

http://www.hipergroup.com/English/products/hmc-2k53a-a3.html

This one is really nice: has HDMI, IR receiver. Lacking is SPDIF (maybe
USB->SPDIF is a workaround)
It is based on AMD 690G (x1250 video) and SB600 chipset.

Q to community: how well AMD690G (especially X1250 video engine)
northbridge & SB600 southbridge is supported under Linux&Myth. I mean
720p/1080p/i & h264 hw decode.
Is HDMI port on this mobo has also SPDIF suported by ALSA?

thx