[mythtv-users] video driver problems PLEASE HELP

sabruner3 at juno.com sabruner3 at juno.com
Fri Oct 12 13:48:30 UTC 2007

I have been having a lot of video driver problems.  I am using mythdora for my install.  I used the latest nvidia drivers 9xxx on the install and on my VGA monitor all worked fine.  When I set tvout using the common tv settings what I was getting looked a lot like very low resolution 8-bit color. (sort of like an Xray)

I read another post that an older version of the driver might work better so I uninstalled the 9XXX driver and then installed an 8XXX driver (8755 I think).

I an fx5200 card.  I have used it on a previous mythtv box runing 18.1 and it worked fine.

Now if I use the nvidia setting in the xorg.conf nothing happends and x11 does not load.

If I use nv it will load X11 but TV will lock the machine.

Plesae help.  I have spent a long time getting all of the rest of the box working, ir blaster, remote, xmltv with my sat.

and I really do not want to try a fresh install.

btw the nvidia module did appear to load.  I used the switch nvidia command at init 3 to make sure it loaded and it did (per howto at Jarods site)

thanks